Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Who made my pill?

I just found a website that is my new favorite. We have been buying generic ibuprofen pills at several drug stores, but almost none of the labels indicate who actually manufactured the tablets. From a chemistry point of view, this is important to us. This website will tell you who manufactured your pill, based on what the pill looks like:

pharmer.org

Here are all of the ibuprofen pills:
ibuprofen pills

All of the pills that we have bought so far are on this list.

As you can imagine, everything in the pharmaceutical industry is proprietary information, so if you call these companies to ask questions, they will not tell you anything. I would like to find out where these generic tablet manufacturers buy their ibuprofen (the pure drug) to put into the tablets, but so far, no luck with that.

This website seems like a really good resource for consumers, because we all deserve to know who is making our pills, in my opinion.

No comments: